“We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties”
SoftplayToys4kids is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
SoftplayToys4kids may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the website or submit any Personal Data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Your personal information may also be processed if it is necessary on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the defence of a legal claims. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary. It will depend on factors such as whether you have any outstanding purchases or have interacted with recent offers.
We’ve listed the rights you have over your information and how you can use them below.
These rights will only apply in certain circumstances. Some of these rights will not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
We will normally respond to or action (as applicable) requests within one month from receipt of your request. This period may be extended by 2 further months if necessary taking into account the complexity or number of requests. If this is the case, we will let you know within one month of your original request.
It is important that we establish that the individual right is being exercised by the correct person. Therefore, we may need to ask you for information in order to verify your identity prior to processing your request. This may include asking you to confirm certain details we hold about you (such as post code or first line of your address) or to provide proof of identification.
You have the right to make the following types of request regarding the Personal Data:
- Right of access (subject access requests) – the right to request a copy of the Personal Data (if any) that we have concerning you and supporting information explaining how your Personal Data is used.
- Right of rectification – the right to request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data concerning you.
- Right of erasure (right to be forgotten) – the right, in some situations, to delete your Personal Data.
- Right to restrict processing – the right, in some situations, to request that we do not use the Personal Data you have provided (e.g. if you believe it to be inaccurate). This is intended as a temporary right until the reason for such restriction has been resolved or rectified.
- Right to data portability – the right, in some situations, to request that we transmit your data to you or another entity.
- Right to object – the right to object to certain processing of your Personal Data (unless we have overriding compelling grounds to continue the processing) and the right to object to direct marketing/profiling In certain circumstances, we will be exempted from responding to certain requests. We will use these exemptions to the extent appropriate.
The supervisory body for Data Protection in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. They have information about your rights and how to enforce them, as well as processes for complaints.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy please contact our Legal team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to Data Protection Officer, Softplay Toys4Kids ltd, Unit 3, Tyersal Works, Tyersal Lane, Bradford BD4 0RB.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyses web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.